Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

I had a wonderful Mother's Day. Hubby surprised me with two hanging baskets, a new bird bath (the old one leaks), and a very special gift for my Mother, an angel for the commemorative garden. He is so sweet and thoughtful and I love him dearly.
Later we headed over to my daughter H's and her husband E's for a celebration with family at their lovely home. We had a delicious meal served with Lemonaide Mimosa's in H's signature 'leopard' wine glasses. She loves animal prints and this is the year of the 'leopard'. H loves to decorate and her signature style is 'Paris Apartment'. As a student, she was fortunate to get to travel with her class to Paris, and it has left a lasting impression. Her hubby, E, spent the majority of his time in the Marine's stationed in Hawaii, so he has his own special room devoted to the tropics. I happened to have a vintage McCoy cookie jar shaped like a pineapple, and I brought that over as a gift to add to his collection.
There is never enough time spent with them all, and the day went by too fast. They were sweet, generous and thoughtful and I love and appreciate them more than I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are important to me and are very much appreciated. xx Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...