Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Day In May


We have had the most beautiful sunshiny days for the last few days. It streams in through the curtains early in the morning.


Illuminating everything in it's path.


Encouraging even the houseplants to bloom!


Sunshiny mornings call for Mango Smoothies!

1 banana
1 mango, peeled and chopped
1 (6 oz) container fat free vanilla yogurt

Blend



Then a little cuppa out on the deck for some nature journaling.


This entry requires copying from a book, as it is an endangered wildflower, Trillium, which I never disturb.


Over the weekend, Hubby put out the umbrellas and put the screens on the glass doors - a happy sign that summer is almost here.


Another happy sign - my little apple tree is blooming!


While weeding the flowers under the apple tree, a hummingbird visited each delightful blossom, oblivious to my presence. As she buzzed from blossom to blossom, I was able to see her up close; her tiny feet, her iridescent feathers, her sweet little face. She was no bigger than my thumb.
I named her Thumbelina.



 Another favorite place for feathered friends to gather, decorated by the drooping sprays of Bleeding Heart.




Of course sunny days are perfect for yard work, and that is where you will find me! There is always something to do!




 My tulips are dancing their last dance and want me to show off their beautiful skirts before they disappear until next year!



There are always new dancers to take their place! But none can compare with such beautiful attire!



 As the sun sets on another beautiful day in May, Mt. Rainier reflects the rosy glow.

I hope you are having some beautiful sunshine in your little corner of the world, in this beautiful month of May!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots of your outside area! Looks like summer is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if I hadn't any sun before, I certainly do now after reading this post. BEA-U-TI-FUL!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Michelle, Stacy Lyn, and Loredana (such pretty names!)

    I'm so happy that you stopped by! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm so glad you're finally getting some sun after all your rain. Your garden is very beautiful - not to mention that view of the mountain. I would love to see Thumbelina. There are no hummingbirds in Scotland - and it's bucketing down a very cold rain at the moment, so I particularly enjoyed basking in your sunny blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures make your home and gardens look like a hidden oasis or a green retreat! Beautiful! It is always so exciting when I get to see a hummingbird up close. They're amazing little creatures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are important to me and are very much appreciated. xx Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...