Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Blueberry Lemon Coffee Cake


This is a quick and easy recipe using Bisquick and published years ago in Bon Appetit magazine. It has no added oils or fats, and is light and lemony. It is best served while still warm, but will keep a day or so if tightly wrapped or placed in a cake dome.

Blueberry Lemon Coffee Cake

1 Egg
2- 1/4 Cups Bisquick
2/3 Cup Milk
1/3 Cup Sugar
Grated Peel of 1 Med. Lemon
1 Cup Frozen Blueberries

Lemon Glaze

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a round 9 inch pan. Beat egg in medium bowl. Stir in Bisquick, sugar, milk and lemon peel. Fold Blueberries into batter. Spread in pan. Bake 20-25 min. or until golden . Cool 10 min. Drizzle with Glaze.

Glaze: Mix 2/3 Cup Powdered Sugar and 3-4 tsp. lemon juice until smooth.



Enjoy!!





2 comments:

  1. Do you know, one teeny weeny criticism I have of living in Scotland is that you can't get Bisquick here... (I'm sure I could invent an equivalent, but so far I've been too lazy!) That looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, Christine, and I am sorry about that! Maybe you could just add the lemon peel and blueberries to a plain coffee cake recipe, then make the glaze! I think that might work! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are important to me and are very much appreciated. xx Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...