Friday, December 22, 2023

Merry Christmas - Happy Holidays


 Hello, Dear Friends!  Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! 

xx

I've been trying to focus on enjoying every moment 
of this special time of year. 


 
I woke up this morning to a beautiful sunrise. 

Right before I woke up, I had this amazing dream. 
It was really just an image. 
A traffic stoplight, 
decorated around the edges with holly and 
evergreens, with a voice saying, "Stop 
and enjoy every moment." 

It woke me right up.  I went downstairs to 
find this amazing sunrise. 

Have you ever had a message come through in your dreams? 
It brings new meaning to the phrase, 'Believe in the power 
of your dreams'. 
xx


You all know that I love to decorate for holidays, especially 
Christmas. 

I am not hosting this year, but I still wanted to make things 
festive for the Mr. and I, and for anyone who happens 
to stop by. 

I always start with my kitchen. 
With red floors and a green door, 
it's easy to decorate for the season. 



I used a large, batik tablecloth that I found at a flea-market to cover the seat,
and tea-towels to make pillow covers. 


Pretty cookie tins. 
The square one was my dear Mom-in-law's sewing kit. 
xx



One of my favorite Christmas signs. 
A gift from a dear sis-in-law years ago.

We've exchanged gifts across the miles for many years, 
(we grew up in New England and have family still there), 
but the postal rates are so expensive these days,
so, we agreed to stop. 
I would also send out dozens of Christmas cards, 
too, but now only to a select few. 
 Everything is digital these days. 

Times change and some traditions get cast aside, 
but I still have a certain nostalgia
for days gone by.  
xx
 
The paper x-mas tree banner was one of the 
sweet gifts from my son, Dustin and daughter-in-law, Jen
when we went to the plant nursery shop in my last post. 



I added some simple touches to the Kitchen Queen cupboard. 
Striped curtains, a jar full of vintage cookie cutters and 
a Merry Christmas sign I found at the flea market. 



I found the poinsettia drink glasses at the flea market, too. 
There were only 3, but that's how collections start...
xx


Gingham Christmas aprons. 


My collection of vintage pot-holders. 
xx

Daughter, Jennie gave me the tropical Christmas tea
towel from a Hawaiian vacation. 






 I love my snowman in a jar. 


My little kitchen. 
I traded the pottery I had on the shelves all summer 
 for my white dishes, 
and hung a red gingham curtain. 

My white coffee-maker stopped working
and I've been looking for another one, 
but everything is stainless steel or black these days :(


I always hang my sweet bird feeder ornament here. 
The canisters for coffee and tea
(and there's one for sugar)
were a gift from son, Gabe and Daughter in law, 
Erica. 





Our dear friends took an epic trip to Europe this 
past summer and brought back a
charming little ink and watercolor painting 
from Italy for us. 
xx


Red and green tea towels. 


My kitchen window. 

The Mr. hung the lighted garland on the fence. 
The candles were gifts. 
They illuminate forest scenes when lit
and the scent is 'Frazier Fir'. 




I made the Father Christmas out of batting years ago. 
His face is a sticker. 



I made the Santa years ago, too. 

I actually made 10 of them and gave them as gifts! 
It took me months. 
My two sons still have theirs. 
I made angels for my daughters. 


He's making a list and checking it twice! 
The rocking horse toy was an ornament from when I was a child. 

My son, Dustin and wife, Jen gave me the sleigh and reindeer. 




The pretty throw from my trip to the garden shop. 








'It's a Wonderful Life'

My favorite Christmas movie. 



My Christmas angel from the first year we were married. 
xx







I just bought the woodland lamp. 
I lived in a log cabin when I was a child. 
Ramblin' Man brought back the log cabins 
from Alaska when he traveled for business. 
My son-in-law, Eric made the wooden trees. 
xx




This reminds me of the church we were married in. 


xx


We have snowberries growing wild here. 
A favorite photo of my parents when they were dating. 


A bark 'vase' with winter greens. 


A lighted garland on the deck. 
Ricky likes to lie here right outside the pet door so 
he can keep vigil outside while watching me putter in the kitchen. 


Sunlight illuminates the angel's lanterns. 
We've had a very mild winter so far this year. 
Yesterday it was close to 60 degrees. 



A December rose and pansies reflect the mild weather. 


Pale winter sunset at 4:30 p.m. 

The shortest day of the year. 
xx

I've been very busy these last few weeks. 
We had a wonderful day with my son, Gabe, wife and little grandson,
visiting a charming little Christmas shop, 
going to dinner, then watching a Christmas parade 
in the city all lit up for the season. 

We've had visits from my daughter, Jennie and youngest grandson, Jack, 
then had my daughter, Heather's 3 little boys over for cookie and tree decorating. 



It's so sweet to share these moments with all the little ones, still 
young enough to believe in Santa and so excited about 
all the lights and decorations. 

Some of my precious loved ones are experiencing some 
challenging health issues that have just come to light, 
but with faith and hope, things will turn out well. 

It reinforces the message of my dream, to stop 
and enjoy every moment of this precious life. 

xx 


"Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things
in the world are the things we can't see."

- The Conductor, The Polar Express -

xx

"Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in 
a conspiracy of love."

- Hamilton Wright Mable -

xx

" It's not how much we give but how much love 
we put into giving."

- Mother Theresa -



Merry Christmas, Dear Friends! 
xx




12 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful to see all the Christmas decorations again, although it only seems like yesterday that they were put away!! Have a fantastic time over the festive season. Happy Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is just BEAUTIFUL with all Christmas decoration! Lovely! Thanks for your sweet comment and I feel a little bit better today :)
    Wishing you and your family a MERRY CHRISTMAS...
    Warm hug from Titti

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have finished great decorations for Christmas. And your pot holders are cute.
    Have a wonderful holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always do a beautiful job decorating, and have great memories with most of them!
    So precious to be creating memories with your grandkids too!
    Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your house is wonderfully decorated for Christmas, Karen. I love those vintage cookie cutters, and I also have some that belonged to my mom. Your kitchen is charming, and the green pot holders look cute hanging in your kitchen. The bird ornament is sweet, and the scent of your frazier fir candles must smell wonderful. The Santa you made is so nice, and the rocking horse ornament is surely a treasure from your childhood. Your Christmas angel on top of the tree is so special too. That woodland lamp is very cool, I really like that. I'm sorry to hear about some of your family's health issues. I'm saying a prayer for them right now. It's been a month or so of health issues for this girl as well, but feeling better with each day, and going to see all my family soon. Everything looks so festive and beautiful in your home for the Christmas season. Thanks for sharing all your special sentiments with us. I also have dreams at times, and I believe dreams can hold messages and sometimes be guiding us and comforting us. Your dream was a special one saying to stop and enjoy every moment. The world spins around too fast, and it is a message to us all to be still for a time, especially at this very holy time of the year.

    Merry Christmas, dear Karen.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Karen how beautiful. Like living in a pretty snowglobe. I had to enlarge all the pics just to see them. Your tree is so so pretty, (ice cube snowman!!!) against the window/door backdrop. Your SIL and daughter know your taste. I didn't realize you now have two dogs, how adorable they are. How is it to have two barking breeds? do they egg each other on? LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post and photographs.

    Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy 2024.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always thought, Karen, how lovely it would be to sit awhile on your comfy sofa in the kitchen and drink in all your pretties, and of course the view through those glass doors. Everything, everywhere is gorgeous! May you have a beautiful and blessed Christmas wrapped in the love of your loved ones. Thinking of you and those close to you who are travelling along a difficult path. Take care, love lady.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a PURE joy in visiting your blog dear Karen.no matter how is the life your place has power to transform one's view point magically.
    Your faith is light and love is soul that appeals my heart strongly.
    Such precious gift you are for your family my friend ❤❤❤
    Your home sweet home if full of gifts given by who love and adore your presence in their life !
    God respond to your sweetness by offering you a glorious sunrise 🤗
    Just like you your choice of quotes is heatwarming dear friend!
    Keep making the world beautiful and worth living. Proud of you ❤

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely Christmas post! Your house looks beautiful decorated for the holidays. Spending time with our families is a joy any time of the year. Take care, have a safe and happy weekend.
    Best wishes to you and your family for a Happy and Healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are important to me and are very much appreciated. xx Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...