Monday, November 8, 2021

Chinese Take-out

 


Hello, Dear Friends, I hope that you are staying warm and cozy as 

we slide into November, when autumn's beauty gives way 

to cold winds and frosty mornings. 

One of the ways to have a cozy evening for Ramblin' Man 

and I, is to treat ourselves to Chinese Take-out. 

xx


Over the years I've collected some pretty things to make 
this a little more special. 


A few things were wonderful gifts from loved ones. 


I am always on the look-out to add to my collection. 

I would like to find enough to serve four or more. 

Most were found at thrift shops, flea markets and antique stores. 

This lovely cross-stitched table cloth was a thrifty find. 


You can see the designs are quite beautiful. 

The carp dishes were collected one by one. 


This little plate is a work of art. 


This rice spoon was the first thing that I found. 

It encouraged me to look for more. 

I have no idea how it survived. 

I found it years ago when my children were small

and it is very thin porcelain. 

xx

Chinese take-out was one of the few treats 

my husband and I were able to enjoy 

on a Saturday night when the children were 

in bed. 



We were rarely able to go out to dinner. 

Finding a sitter to watch four rambunctious little ones

was a difficult feat. 

Now that we are retired, it is a special occasion treat. 
Always for our anniversary and also for my birthday. 
xx


Take-out in front of the television is so cozy. 

Fried rice, egg roll, chow mien, bbq pork, and sometimes 
moo goo gai pan (chicken with veggies), or broccoli beef. 



Ramblin' Man's fortune came true. 

And so did mine. 

xx


What is your favorite take-out treat? 

13 comments:

  1. Oh, I love Chinese take-out, or just eating at a Chinese Restaurant. I did that about every few months, and it was delightful. I haven't been to the Chinese place up here, and looking forward to finding out if it's good or not. Your table setting with the Chinese plates and bowls and spoons is so lovely, Karen. I especially like that cross-stitched tablecloth. You even have a tea pot, how wonderful. So glad you got to have some of your favorite Chinese dishes. That sounds like a special treat. I still can't decide if Chinese or Italian is my favorite, but I still have some very special fortune cookie messages that I have kept tucked away. I like the messages that you and your husband got. And it's so true, you are deeply attached to your family and home. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. chinese is always take-out for us!! we have a good chinese restaurant near us and we always enjoy it so much, something we always look forward to!! the china is beautiful, it makes for a cozy evening!! general tso's chicken and we get pork fried rice and chicken lo mein!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, your table is so pretty and you have a great assortment of pretty china. We had a wonderful restaurant in Santa Cruz when we lived there that we loved. The food was so good. Where we are now there isn't that great of a choice and hubby doesn't like the one restaurant that is the best, so very often I go (or used to before Covid) with my girl friends and I miss it. Happy Wednesday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  4. We very rarely have a take-out ...

    I think your table looks lovely, pleased that you enjoyed a take-out in front of the television, it does look cosy.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. We like Chinese take out too and have a really good place nearby that uses all fresh ingredients. I love that big rice spoon and all of your pretty linens! I've never set a table for Chinese take out...sure looks pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, your Chinese Take-Out tablescape is beautiful and very sophisticated. Why, you have taken the enjoyment of Take-Out to another beautiful realm. Such pretty plates, bowls, spoons.......you have collected over the years. And.....all cosied up in front of the TV, how wonderful! I am rather partial to Sweet and Sour Pork. =) I am afraid in this little rural outpost Take-Away Chinese is one and a half hours away. =(

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's the perfect setting for your special Chinese Take Away, I hope you enjoyed it. It's nice to have these traditions to make the event even more special. We haven't had a Take Away for ages, it's a very tempting thought! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's wonderful that you go all out for your special Chinese dinners...all the accouchements! I've always told my husband that if we are going to pay for food, it has to be in a restaurant and not take out or delivery. Your pretty table may have changed my mind! One thing I could never be okay with is watching TV shows where everyone ate straight out of the boxes with chopsticks. It's made to be shared! And straight from a box??

    I have to admit that I keep a well stocked pantry and fridge so I have to be hard pressed to order food. If I really need a break I make simple sandwiches or such. Oh, wow! I sound like a killjoy!!! We just did too much ordering during the pandemic, and now the gatherings and numerous parties give us a great taste of restaurant catered food.

    So glad to see another post, Karen!! ❤️

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been frosty and cold here too. Had our first bit of ice on the bay this AM!
    I love how you have these beautiful pieces and aesthetic to make take out night so authentic and so pretty! Annie and I have had favorite take out of sushi lately! 😋 Thank you for sharing your home and wonderful ideas in the best ways. It's so fun to get more posts from you too! Blessings. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Karen I love this tradition! And I could have written the lines about the four kids and take-out meals being a real treat back when they were growing up . Yep been there done that and almost remember it all ;>). Our favorite takeout lately has become sushi, but during the long year of Covid restrictions we tried a lot of different cuisines since we weren't at all comfortable going to restaurants. Thank goodness we both like to cook -- but once in a while nobody wants to step up! So take outs became a real special treat once again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one of the most unique things I have ever seen. I think Chinese takeout is romantic anyway, but you have taken it to an astounding level! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just wanted to stop by and wish you a Happy Thanksgiving, Karen. I hope you have a pleasant day.

    love ya,

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are important to me and are very much appreciated. xx Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...